Research infrastructures are facilities that provide resources and services for the research communities to conduct research and foster innovation in their fields.
- major equipment or sets of instruments
- knowledge-related facilities such as collections,
- archives or scientific data infrastructures
- computing systems
- communication networks
Horizon Europe will endow Europe with world-class sustainable research infrastructures which are open and accessible to the best researchers from Europe and beyond.
It will also encourage the use of existing research infrastructures, including those financed from funds under the EU's Cohesion Policy.
In so doing, enhancing the potential of the research infrastructures to support scientific advance and innovation, and to enable open and excellent science in accordance with the FAIR principles, alongside activities related to EU policies and international cooperation.
Research Infrastructures will also contribute to achieving the 4 key strategic orientations of the Horizon Europe strategic plan.
Areas of intervention
- consolidating and developing the landscape of European research infrastructures
- opening, integrating and interconnecting research infrastructures
- reinforcing European research infrastructure policy and international cooperation
- consolidating and developing the innovation potential of European research infrastructures and activities for innovation and training