Civil Security for Society
This cluster responds to the challenges arising from persistent security threats, including cybercrime, as well as natural and man-made disasters.
The expected impacts of this cluster are contained in the Horizon Europe strategic plan.
Areas of intervention
- disaster-resilient societies
- protection and security
- fighting crime and terrorism (including organised crime and cybercrime)
- border management (including customs security and maritime security)
- resilient infrastructure
- cybersecurity (including security of network and information systems and certification)
- disaster-resilient societies (including against chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) incidents; climate-related risks and extreme events; geological disasters, such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis; pandemics)