The Horizon Europe cluster on health
The aims of this cluster include improving and protecting the health and well-being of citizens of all ages by generating new knowledge, developing innovative solutions and integrating where relevant a gender perspective to prevent, diagnose, monitor, treat and cure diseases.
Further aims include developing health technologies, mitigating health risks, protecting populations and promoting good health and well-being in general and at work.
Finally, this cluster also aims to make make public health systems more cost-effective, equitable and sustainable, prevent and tackle poverty-related diseases and support and enable patients' participation and self-management.
The expected impacts of this cluster are contained in the Horizon Europe strategic plan.
Areas of intervention
- health throughout the life course
- environmental and social health determinants
- non-communicable and rare diseases
- infectious diseases including poverty-related and neglected diseases
- tools, technologies and digital solutions for health and care including personalised medicine
- health care systems