Digital Industry and Space
The overarching vision behind the proposed investments under Cluster 4 is that of Europe shaping competitive and trusted technologies for a European industry with global leadership in key areas, enabling production and consumption to respect the boundaries of our planet, and maximising the benefits for all parts of society in the variety of social, economic and territorial contexts in Europe.
This will build a competitive, digital, low-carbon and circular industry, ensure sustainable supply of raw materials, develop advanced materials and provide the basis for advances and innovation in global challenges to society.
The expected impacts of this cluster are contained in the Horizon Europe strategic plan.
Areas of intervention
- manufacturing technologies
- key digital technologies including quantum technologies
- emerging enabling technologies
- advanced materials
- artificial intelligence and robotics
- next generation internet
- advanced computing and Big Data
- circular industries
- low carbon and clean industries
- space including earth observation